I have many years’ experience devising and creating teaching and learning resources in print and digital formats, from single lesson plans and assemblies to whole-school programmes and schemes of work.
If you are a resource developer or publisher, I can provide:
- writing and editorial services, including of high-level guidance, policy and research documents;
- practical, concise and creative lesson plans and schemes of work for all subjects and year groups;
- teacher guidance on use of materials and approaches to teaching;
- production management of projects and resources.
Previously a National Curriculum adviser and Subject Specialist at the PSHE Association, I am used as an expert contractor by Ofqual and the Standards and Testing Agency (STA).
As a PSHE consultant, I can help you with:
- whole-school PSHE management, planning and curriculum design;
- training on planning and delivering all aspects of PSHE education, including mental health, online safety and relationships education;
- advice and guidance on implementing the new statutory curriculum for Relationships and Health education;
- background knowledge and expertise of the current context for PSHE teaching and learning, and best practice in delivery.
Other writing and editorial
Whether or not it’s about education, I also provide:
- copy-writing and editorial for your print and digital materials;
- blog posts;
- copy and plain language editing of marketing, information and other publications.
We really enjoy working with Lucy – she’s insightful, creative and brings a great depth of knowledge to the projects she supports us on. Her understanding of the sensitivities around delivery of PSHE-related content is second to none.Tiffany Barwick, Business Director, Hopscotch Consulting